6/28/2012

California - June 26, 2012


Hello family, how are things? Sounds very dry over there, it is really hot here, but not dry like that. We hope that all will be well and no fires close to home, that is always a scary thing. It is the beginning of a new transfer here; yeah, it's already over, time is going by super, super fast! Wow, it's already July, practically. Well, I am staying with Elder Reid here in Sacramento. We had the opportunity of going to the temple this morning which, as always, was an awesome experience. It was spiritual medicine, the only problem now is I am super tired because we had the 7 am session, so we had to get up super early, so I am falling asleep while I am typing; just be glad I am not driving, haha! JK, it's not that bad, but yeah, it was awesome. I was able to see a lot of the old mission friends, finding out where they will all be going, who is where, and what is what.

Our district is trying to rise this Branch up out of the dust, they are not a missionary pushing branch, and thus we are working really hard but not seeing a lot of progression. But, we are all focusing on trying to improve the missionary work here and I know God has many blessings in store for us here, we just have to keep working hard so we can earn them :). ( If missionary work was easy, everyone would do it. As Elder Holland told us, "It was never easy for him (Jesus Christ) what makes you think it would be easy for you, Salvation does not come free."

Remember that life is an adventure and we face trials and tribulations every day, but God will never abandon us if we continuelly put our trust in Him and serve Him with all our heart, might, mind and strength. I love you all so much!!

Elder Jesse Grover