6/28/2012

California - June 11, 2012


Hey family, como esta? Haha! How are things going? How is the summer? Things here are going good, we had one investigator at church on Sunday. Tomorrow we have the new missionary meeting, 5 weeks since I started training, what the, that is so crazy! We are on week five of this transfer and I shouldn't be leaving here, so I still have lots of time here. Time in general is moving super fast, like all the missionaries that I met when I first got here are home or will be going home, it is super crazy! Everyone is so new. When someone says they have been out a year  I am just like, 'man I thought you got here just after me; wait, what? Dang, you did!" Man time is flying by and really, there is not a whole lot we can do about it.

Last night we went to see a member that had just gotten home from the hospital, she has diabetes and she is going blind very fast.  She was crying, and I felt like there was nothing we could do, then I realized that in reality there is nothing that WE can do. I read to her Alma 7:11-13, told her that Jesus suffered this already, and that she could always rely on him in time of need because he had been there and suffered for that already, so that he could walk right beside us in these times. I believe that applies to all of us; God is there for us, He gave us His Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ, who suffered,for us and died so that we would have someone to turn to in our times of diffulculty.

So here is an interesting story; we had to go to a dinner early, so we thought we would see a less active that lived close.  We called him and he was like, "oh, you can't come today, I am busy, I just got home from work and I have got lots of things to do.' So, while he was telling us this, we felt it necessary to go by. So as we are on the phone with him we walk to his house and he is in the backyard, very surprised to see us because we are on the phone with him. But he was drinking a huge can of beer; we were able to help him and encourage him to pour it out, which he did.  I was glad we were able to follow the spirit and help this man to keep the comandments more.

I love you all and wish you the best of luck,
Love Elder Jesse Grover