5/31/2012

California - May 28, 2012


Dear Family!
How are you? I am good, just enjoying my time here with Elder Reid, we get along really well. We are both just kinda chill and we both played football so we get along really well. He was like a linebacker, so smaller and really athletic, which is awesome, haha! We don't have to talk about video games or anything, we can talk about sports, and of course our area and investigators. It has been good because he has the new missionary fire, and so we are getting lots of work done. I am hoping we will see the results in a few short weeks. We had a night full of miracles last night.  We had been focusing on hitting all our goals, and we still needed to recieve a referral and a contact, and it was Sunday night, so the last night of the week! We had selected a member to visit and we went to see her, we knocked on her door and her son said that he would get her, she was upstairs asleep. She came down and was like, "what is that smell?" She goes into the kitchen and her oven was on, and it had a lot of plastic contaners in there. She was like, "the Lord's angels (us) came and saved my house". (Miracle #1) And so we share a spiritual thought and then sing a song (I Need Thee Every Hour), then we ask her for a referral and she says, "okay, here is one", and gave us a referral for her friend, yeah! Then she was like, "I have some friends here in my apt complex, and I want you guys to visit them and give them a blessing because they are really sick". So we go over and contact the referral with our member and teach them a lesson. (Miracle #2) On our way back to our car her super less-active son asked us to help him get closer to God. (Miracle #3) Yeah, lots of good things happening here! We are having lots of fun.  I love you and hope you all have a good start to the summer!
Elder Grover