We had an awesome baptism, and now the transfers are winding down and I am told by everyone that there is no way I am staying here, haha, I feel so pushed out! You would think that since I have been here for almost a year and the ward still seems to like me, at least they don't complain about me! Like the missionaries, they are just jealous that I have been here for so long. Actually most of the missionaries would rather see more of the mission, but I feel good where I am at. I love it here, I have lots of people I love so much! I walk into church and see so many people that I have taught now being faithful members. I think this last Sunday there was only 1 that I didn't see in church, but all the others were there. I almost cried when Maria Montoya, the lady who was baptized on Christmas, came up and asked who she needed to pay her tithing to; my heart was truly filled with joy to see that. We also confirmed Monica in church, so it was a very wonderful day. I was translating the sacrament meeting from Spanish to English, which is super, super hard, but so far I have not had any complaints, so either they ignore me or just aren't listening, haha! No, the ward here is great, I can't wait to bring you here and show you El Barrio Del Norte and introduce you to all my bestest friends!!!!!
I talked to Bro Byrd, he said he will be going to Blanding on the 31st, and that he could take some stuff to you. It is mostly letters, some shoes, all my super bright ties I can't wear, and just some stuff I really haven't used, like some extra bedding and stuff I don't want to carry around. So he will hopefully be bringing it by, so you can just stick it with all my stuff so it will be there when I get home in a year :(
I hope all is going well. McKady, keep your head up focus on your studies for this year and do all the church stuff you can. God is #1, and when we put God first he will bless us. So I can promise that when you seek God first you will be happier than you have ever been, happiness that can last! STAY AWAY FROM THE BOYS!!!!!!! Seriously, we live in a crazy world, and we have seen it worse here in California, but I know it is bad there. Remember, I coached some youth teams, so I know, so Please, PLEASE remember who you are and PUT GOD FIRST and STAY AWAY FROM THE BOYS. Read Alma 36:3; when I go through hard times I read this scripture and it helps me so very much. Put McKady in where it says Heleman, ok :) Everything will be ok!
I love you all with all my heart!
Love Elder Jesse Grover
So this is the the Chinese food packets you sent. My apartment loved them, it was super, super delicious. The Elder from Peru, Elder Sarmiento, calls me Tiki Tiki (we don't know why, he doesn't speak a whole lot of English, so that could be why, we really don't know) but he told me to open up a Chinese restaurant and call it Tiki Tiki's, ha ha! There is a little Chinese restaurant here called Wei Wei's, ha ha, it was super funny! But the food was super good, thanks again :)
This was our baptism this past weekend, her name is Monica Palacios. It was an awesome baptism, and the spirit was super strong! I can't wait 'till they can go through the temple, I will have to come back for it 'cause they will have to wait a year, so plan on a visit to Sacramento the end of March or the first of April next year ok :) They speak English and Spanish, the kid actually does not speak Spanish, so they were not super sure about a Spanish ward, but the English missionaries never stopped by to visit them. He was an inactive member, and we received a media referral from his brother to stop by and visit them, and now they are baptized and consider us missionaries part of the family. It was an awesome baptism to be a part of.





