3/26/2012

California - March 19, 2012

Dearest Family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My greenie flew out this morning to Salt Lake to get his visa, and then he will head out to Chiuaua, he was excited but also very nervous. It is weird to just have 1 companion again, I don't have to be running around trying to keep track of 2 ninos, now it's only one, haha! Things are going good, we were sad to have him go this week because we have a baptism this weekend for Monica Palacio, so we are sad that he will miss it, but he does have a convert here in Sacramento, and hopefully a few others that will decide to get baptized here pretty soon. But, everyone has their own free will; sometimes I wish we could just dump them in the water and get it all over with, but it is just not that easy; but I know the ones who are supposed to get baptized will get baptized, and that's a beautiful thing!

That is exciting that Dallin got his call, that is the first to leave the country for Aunt Christine, right? That's awesome though! When can Jade put his papers in? Jade, are you preparing? Maybe you will go to India, I heard the work over there is going crazy. A missionary in my zone has a brother over there and he says they are baptizing like crazy, there are so many prepared and waiting for the gospel; I wish all the India people over in my area were that prepared, haha! It is surprosing how many there are over here, that is for sure. The beautiful thing about missionary work is that there is always someone prepared, you just have to find them, that is where the work comes in. We go out, we work, we teach people who may not be prepared then but because we found them they came to be prepared sometime afterwards and then BAM, you find someone who is prepared, and then there is a baptism, that is something so so so beautiful, I love it! Monica was prepared for us and she was prepared for this moment, we were just kinda the way for her to make this covenant, we commit her to do something and she will do it. We reviewed the interview questions and she really didn't know too much about President Monson, so we told her she could go to the church website and learn more. The Missionary that did the interviews said he was super impressed with her, she said that she had researched on the church website to find out about the profeta and all the other questions that she had. Her parents came into town and so I was afraid that maybe she would face some opposition, but if she did, it didn't faze her! She came to church with her parents, they didn't want to come, but they were there, it was fantastic!!!!

So, I guess Greg Acton was here last week and he went to church at one of the wards in my zone. I heard he came by, I didn't get to see him, but Brother Byrd told me he was here. Brother Byrd said he was going to Blanding, I am thinking that I might send some stuff with him, like a box of things I haven't used or stuff that is hard to pack around, which might be really nice, hopefully he can do that for me. Maybe I can send you all some cool stuff, who knows, but I will let you know if it is on the way, and maybe i will just give him y'alls phone number and he can communicate with all y'all. Oh, I love you all so much, the Church is so very true, I love it, I love it here in Sacramento. Our Bishop, Obispo Woodland, told me yesterday they were going to request my records 'cause I have been there for so long, haha! I really do hope I can stay longer, I love this ward and I love the people I have seen progress here. :) Love you all so much
Love Elder Jesse Grover