4/04/2012

California - April 3, 2012

Hello Family,
So the news is: yes, I will be leaving my beloved Barrio Del Norte, and I will be headed to Rama 7 in SAC 7. So I will still be in Sacramento, but now I will be covering what is West Sacramento with my fourth Native spanish speaking companion, Elder Garcia, from LA, but originally from Mexico. So, I am guessing I need to learn Spanish, either that or I just know Spanish so well that they put me with all the people that know it, and not much english, haha! That's not the case 'cause all of them live in the states, haha, but oh wells, it's still funny. The big news is that I am the District Leader now, so that is a little scary. I am a little nervous, I hope I do a good job, because now I am in charge of 3 elders and 2 sisters, along with myself, and I am the missionary leader for the whole Sacramento 7th branch. I will admit that I am just a tad nervous, but I am assured I will do well and not screw up, and I know that God will help me.

General Conference was amazing, I made a list of talks that I wanted each of you to re-watch, but I forgot it at the house, so what I want to do is try to send out a hand written letter today with the list included. We will see, I have got lots of packing to do, and I have 3 dinner appointments for today - everyone wants to feed me before I leave:) Plus, I would like to to visit Monica and Jose before I leave, so it will be a hectic day, but I will survive it, I am sure. I am sad to leave, but excited for this new opportunity! And with the conference talks I want you all to watch, I felt inspired to have you all re-watch them and to study them. I felt inspired to have you do it, so I hope you can get out of them what God wants for you to learn. Conference was amazing! I watched it at the stake center; I had to go to the bathroom really bad, but for the first time in my life, I held it in because I didn't want to miss a word that was said, it was that awesome!

So, a crazy experiment me and a couple of the elders did this week was a diet, yeah, haha! There was like 4 of us doing it, it was a no carb diet, yeah, tough. In spanish work it is even worse 'cause everything we get fed is carb: Rice, beans, tortillas, etc. So I was basically on the starve diet, and it didn't work out because of the need to eat with members. But the good news is that I lasted longer than the other 3 by like 3 days, so be proud. And I lost weight really fast, like 7 lbs in just a couple of days, it was a really nice, cool experience, haha! But I probably can't pull that diet off until after the mission.

Hey, I love you all a ton! I hope all is going well, and wish you the best of luck. Read D&C 10:5

Love Elder Jesse Grover