10/06/2009

Guatemala - October 5, 2009

Hello family, it sounds like you all are doing good. So, its been cold there huh? Wow, right now I don't think I have ever sweat more in my life! Tell the wrestling coach to send the wrestlers down here, just sweating will get them down to weight! So the team is doing good? That gives me something to tell Elder Cannon tomorrow. Jade is about to finish up with cross country, wow, the time is just flying by! Crazy! Wish Happy Birthday to Stetson for me, he will be 2 right? How is Candice coming along? Is Dad doing better this week? Jordan sounds good, he wrote me today. I hope everyone is holding in there and trying hard, that is all we can do sometimes. If we just put our faith in the Lord, all will be fine. So conference was great huh? Wow is all I can say, we were only able to watch the last three sessions. Like Jordan, I think Elder Ballard's talk was amazing, but like you, I think the power came from Elder Holland's the most, and it made me feel so good. Two days ago we found a girl that said the Book of Mormon was false, and she said she only read a little bit! I was so steaming mad, my hair could have caught on fire! Some people just don't really give the the seed a fair chance to grow. So, anyway, we taught her Moroni 10:3-5 line for line. You really have to understand the significance of each part, I promise that anyone who will really do it, will get an answer. I hope she will, we can only invite. I love this work! Really, I couldn't be happier! I know with every fiber of my being that it is true. I have a ways to go to get as powerful as Elder Holland, but I have faith, and little by little, one day at a time, my testimony will grow. They say your testimony grows as you share it, and I have been sharing it a lot lately - like I said, I love this work! So we are living in different times but we have the emergency equipment we need, we just have to use it: home evening, prayer, scriptures, words from the Prophet and other leaders. The easy things will make the change in our hearts and protect them. Conference was amazing, but like Jordan said, the words mean nothing if we don't apply them. I'm great here, don't worry about me at all! Take care and always keep a smile on your face. I love you all; remember, I'm only a letter or email away, let me know if there is anything I can do, and if not, God is only the distance from our knees to the floor.
With all my love,
Elder Grover