9/09/2009

Guatemala - September 7, 2009

I got a letter from Jordan, he does sound a little razzled, but he will get in the hang of things, and he can call you every day so that is neat. Man, it is good to hear that everyone is gung-ho in school and sports. That is one thing that I like about the sports and stuff, it taught me to push through the hard times to get to the good times. We have had a difficult change, but the Lord has blessed us so much. This Saturday we have a baptism, her name is Josselin, and she is the older sister of our last baptism, Dairy, we are so happy. The change will end next week and we are sure that one of us is gone. We are sad because we found a really awesome family, and they are so positive. We hope to find more families because that is what we are supposed to do in this mission. Also, we have the responsibility of retention, talk about hard stuff, and helping and keeping marriages, and dealing with jobs, or no jobs. You just can't imagine, there are people selling the only possessions they have to put food on the table (there are not many that have anything to sale). There are kids that go without meals, and not because they are fasting, these are members of the church. But they are living and happy because of the church. So I'm good, I think my health is holding up, it is just hard to keep the stomach OK, but I'm in good hands so don't worry. Elder Snow had an anal fissur, along with a few rounds of amoebas - yeah, not so good, but I think he is getting better. So dad went to the doc, huh? Follow the right steps then Dad, that means do what they say, OK? I hope all is good there, I put you all in the Lord's hands, my trust is in him. Read the articles from the August ensign about Prayer and the conference talk from Elder Nelson about the Lord's prayer. Prayer is so important, have faith in it. I Love you all, take care, and remember the blessings come from the Lord Almighty!
Con Mucho Amor Para Siempre
Elder Grover