4/09/2013

Indiana - April 8, 2013


Hello Mom!!! and Family

My week has actually been really good.  Me and Elder Syrett are getting along really well. It's kinda weird to think that I only have two more weeks as a trainee, then I'll be here in Richmond and still not have any idea of where I am!  Haha, just kidding, I will know my way around but I am still not sure if I know exactly what I'm doing, and he will be gone! Conference was great, wasn't it! I thought I loved conference at home, but now I really know how much I love it. We really need to make sure we have everything taken care of and put our full trust in the Lord though, it sounded like there is some stuff in the air, but no need to worry when you have faith in the Lord. I don't even know what talk I liked best, they were all so good, you know when you are looking for stuff to help you and for things to help investigators, there is a lot that I thought was amazing for different reasons. Yeah, I loved Elder Holland's, it was amazing, but how can you forget how awesome President Monson's was? He most defiantly knows how to make his point, then get you to laugh about it. Then there was the other ones that told us just how it is! This week one of our investigators said he was pretty much gay, and it made me feel so much better that they really nailed it down on how we stand and that the church and God will never change. But yeah, I didn't want to go back to teach the investigator, and I told Elder Syrett that I wasn't going back, but I guess we have to, we can't hold the gospel back from him.  But I am glad we can go in there with confidence and tell him where the church stands.

Sorry I didn't finish the last Email, I had to quickly send it before the computer kicked me off, I hate it when I don't catch the add time message, library computers! And the spelling was probably worse than usual, these computers have spell check like word, so of course I'm going to use it.  But that is so crazy, I had no idea that Gina had cancer! I loved going in to the office with her there, I can't imagine it with out her!  Yeah, that does not sound like a good week for Blanding, that's all horrible! Stay close to the Lord, that is the best thing we can do, and always remember to thank him for what we have! I hope all is well with the family. Tell Jens to hang in there, things like that are no fun, I know! I pray for you all always! And Mom, I love you more than you can even imagine!!! And since I won't be around for your Birthday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! 

Love you Much, Elder Jade Merlin Grover