Good morning to my home of Blanding!
Well, I guess I need to let you know Mom that I'm alive! :) Haha, yeah, things here in Richmond, Indiana are going really well, at least everything other than that my trainer thinks I have to do everything because time is almost up. Crazy huh? I am almost going to be considered a trained missionary, that means I really have to step it up! When Elder Ballard talked to us he said that every missionary, even those that had been out one month (ones like me), have got to be considering themselves as seasoned missionaries. So yeah, scary! I most definitely do not come close to feeling seasoned yet, but I do feel a lot more comfortable with the work. I still have a long way and a lot to work on with getting along 100% with companions. I guess you were right, I am someone that may be hard to get along with all the time, but I'm getting better. I guess the first step is realizing that there is a problem, so I'm working on it the best I can. It will improve, no matter how slow the progress is, but it will. I'm not saying that I'm a bad missionary, it's just that some things can really get on my nerves. But yeah, enough of that. How are things at home? I hope that all the sickness is clearing away! And I hope that all is well with all the kids and their sports, and that they are nice and healthy and motivated to do their best, I wish I could be training with them :) Yeah, I miss track, but oh well, I'm working, so it's all good! It's the most important work going on in the world, so it's got to be great, right. I hope all the grandkids ( your grand kids ) are doing well. Tell them I love them and pray for them every day. How is Elsie Jo? I sure pray a lot for that little girl, she means a lot to me! I know that having faith and trust in the Lord, he will be with her and protect her.
I assume you might want to know a little with how things are going here, just as much as I like knowing how things are at home, so I better tell you a little, huh? Yeah, things are good, the family that I have been talking about is progressing very well, they love having us over and want us over more than we can, but they are so amazing. They came to church again, and Desire, the oldest girl really wants to be baptized, so we set a date for the 13th. There are also 2 more that could be, and they are showing interest as well. Things are hard with them economically, but John is really working hard to show them that it is important to work and provide for the family so they don't have to grow up like he did. And guess what, he committed not to smoke! He set up a plan and is working on it with a lot of determination. I love being one of the ones God is using to bring them to Him, I have really grown to love them! They really have been prepared and now are getting on the path. So yeah, things are wonderful! I love you Mom!!! Tell the family I love them!
Don't worry, you have the right address! It was really funny, you know how I told you about the stamps last week? Yeah, just that day after writing you I got the letter, funny huh! but thank you so much!
Thank you so much, the package came just fine! Thank you so much, I loved it :) It sounds like you had way too much fun on Easter with out me though. We'll will just have to have another one like it in a couple of years. Easter was good here, as good as it could get as a missionary, haha! No, it was great, with John and Melissa at church with their family, I felt wonderful! Tell dad that I'm doing great, and thanks for the letter that he sent to whip me back in line! Tell Amber thanks as well, the Easter cards from the kids and her really lifted me up the day that I got them. Don't worry about me, I'm great!
Love, Elder Grover





