2/24/2012

California - February 21, 2012

WELLLLLLL hello!!

Sorry to hear that state wrestling didn't go as well as you were hoping. That's so funny that Jade took 4th, seriously, I think that is crazy. JJ, me, and now Jade, all 4th place, wow, haha! Jens, you better work hard to join the 4 club, haha! 4 boys, 4 4th places, haha, we could probably make a TV show out of it or something, haha! Then we could make like a million dollars!

Yes, we had transfers and guess what................................................ I am staying here with Elder Stone. Yes, I will hit my year mark here in East Sac, right where I started my mission. I think God wants me to do something here, and I just haven't got to it yet, haha! This will be transfer #7 here for me, how crazy! Only 1 in the MTC and 1 in Stockton, other than that the whole year was here, how crazy is that? I am so excited, first, the Chavez family came to church and are working towards the 3 of March for baptism, and second, Gloria, who moved out of our area into the sisters area, but still in the same ward, is getting baptized this weekend, I am so excited to be staying here. We also have this less active who had not gone to church for 6 months, and he was baptized only 2 months before that, but he is coming back! We always got along super well, he likes to "read people" (like Edward) but I must be like Bella because he says I am not easy to read. So we have always got along, and he is doing super, super good. Last I heard, he will probably be put in the Elders quorum presidency, not official, but it is in the works (as missionaries we hear so many things, it's crazy). Oh, you have no idea how excited I am to stay here. Plus, my birthday lands on transfers, so if I would have got transfered, I would have had to leave and meet new people on my birthday, but I get to stay here, where I have spent pretty much all of my mission, so i am so excited! So good news, if we ever come to visit my mission afterwards, we can pretty much stick to one area, haha! A lot of the people I love so very much are here in this ward, it is so fantastic here! My follow up trainer, Elder Lopez, goes home, this is his last day here, how insane, huh? I was with him when I hit my six month mark and now I am here at almost one year, still not 12 months, I am only 11, let's not jump the gun here, haha.

Requests for a package, well, food!!! Maybe some of those chinese food packet things that we always cook, and then recipes so we can cook. We love to cook and bake, and we have a house, so it's a lot easier than an apartmant. I don't know what I want, oh man, aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! No, I am doing really well. By the way, no, I did not meet my goal of lose 20 to be 20, but I did make some progress, and I have hopes to continue losing little by little. Summer is coming up, and it is supposed to be a hot one, so that will help a lot. We have not gotten like any rain, it has been super dry, so it is supposed to be super, super hot. We have cars, but we still have to do lots of walking and bikes cause we do have limitations on miles and everything, but it's so much fun here!!!!!!! We will have to come visit, there are so many people I want you all to meet, my blood super awesome best ever family in Blanding, Utah, and my new family here in Sacramento. On missions, families grow, seriously, you grow to love so many people here, you have no idea. Well, thank you so much for all you do, I love you so much!

Love Elder Grover

P.S. Yes, I got the package, and I was super grateful it got here, cause we have what we call mail fasts every transfer when we have changes and so they hold everything until after everyone is changed, and it got here the last day that it could have, good timing;) thanks so much !!!!!!!!!!!



DON'T WORRY, IT'S APPLE CIDER, HA HA!



ELDER GROVER WITH RAMON PEREZ



ELDER GROVER AND ELDER STONE



CALIFORNIA SUNSET