How are things at home? That is so awesome to hear that Jade and Jens did so well at region, I am so proud of you guys! But remember, it is not over; Jade, you've got to outdo me and JJ at state, the best we ever got was 4th, so show us up, you have been good at that, haha :) "Beware of Pride Boy!!!!" haha! Just Kidding, you both are so awesome! I just love telling all the other missionaries about my awesome family. Oh, my brothers did this, and my nieces and nephews are cooler that yours, my family is just straight up better, hahah, "Beware of Pride Elder", haha! No, I love you all so much, I really feel the support you guys give to me. There are times when I feel down, I really do. We had the Chavez family committed to a baptismal date for the 25 of February, and they didn't come to church, I was heart broken! You learn to love these people so much. Don't worry, it isn't over for them, no, we are going over tonight to re-establish a new date. I know they will be baptized, so I am not worried. The best feelings I have ever had in my life have been out here, but also the most heartbreaking feelings come here too. When we were kids and the girl we liked didn't like us back, we were hurt, or when our best friend called us a name, we were hurt, but out here the the hurt is more of an eternal aching. You ask yourself every night, "did I really do all I could have done with this person?" or "did I testify to this person who was talking bad about the church?" But I promise the JOY, eternal joy, outweighs the hurt, and your support has kept me here. I promise every missionary at one point in his mission wants to go home, but the family support, the companions, the Leaders, and everything helps you out so much.
I was talking to a missionary today, he is in an English ward and someone was up giving the talk in church, and they said, "if you don't go on a mission, it's okay, the Atonement is there for you to repent." He said that he was upset, and I was upset too. Yes, God will forgive you, but no, it's not okay, and I know this because of my wonderful father who alwasys told me that not serving a mission was the worst decision he ever made. Dad, I want to thank you for helping me to understand that missions are important, and it is not only important for us, it is very important for other people, they are starving spiritualy without us. No, it is not okay to Not serve, we have to, we have to prepare, we have to live our lives worthy of it. I wish I would have not done a lot of things in my past because I have scars, and it still hurts. The Atonement is real, and it can heal us, but we have to do everything possible. We know we need to serve missions, so if we don't go, we are denying it. I am so very grateful to be here on my mission, I really am.
By the way, I was just talking to a lady here in the family history center where we are emailing, and she asked where I was from, and of course I said Blanding, Utah, and she said, "well, I go there like every year". They are really good friends with the Eberlings, haha, Small world right :)
Well, this is the last week of the transfer, and I fear I will leave :( But I have also had a feeling that I would stay, maybe that is me just wanting to stay, I don't know, haha! There are just some really awesome people I am working with here. We have had a lady who has come to church 2 times, and she is praying for the 25th. She is even moving out of her house because she is living with someone and he doesn't want to get married. So, she is leaving, she is going to live in a room of a friends. By the way, we have not even taught her the law of chastity yet. She said, "I have felt the spirit every time you have come. Usually I feel down because my boyfriend drinks and is abusive, but every time you come I feel so good, and I know I can feel better." Every time I think of this, I thank my Heavenly Father for the opurtunity I have to be a messanger of his spirit in bringing peace to those who are ready, she was elect. We found her by going to visit a potential who no longer lived there,and she invited us back because she wanted Bible studies, and we said okay. We came back and shared the Book of Mormon with her, and she has read everything we have left, even with her abusive boyfriend. She can not read Spanish, she can barely read English, but she trys so hard to understand. She doesn't know a lot of English volcabulary, so we have to translate words she doesn't know, but she is way nice, her name is Gloria.
Well, Happy Valentine's Day, will you be my valentine, hahahahaha, jk! This is like an intresting hoilday on the mission, it is like, uh girls, what? haha! But thanks so much for all you do for me, and for giving me support with packages and letters and emails, it is so very nice to have! I love you all so very much.
Love Elder Jesse Grover
We went biking last P-day for fun. This is me, I look pretty good on a bike, huh? haha!





