11/14/2011

California - November 14, 2011

Hey Family!!!!

Yeah, I did hear about the two missionaries down in Texas, that really is too bad. It does make you a little cautious, but God has a plan for each and every one of us, we just need to trust in Him. Yes, I will be careful. Luckily though, I rarely use a bike, every once in a while when we run out of miles on the car, but we do pretty good at conserving our miles. We just cover really big areas, so to try to cover it all on bike would be really tough, but some days we do use bikes to get around to close places. That's cool that you went to a missionary fireside; help out the missionaries in every way you can and you will see blessings that you couldn't even imagine. This is God's work, not ours, but God's, and it is not just missionaries who do missionary work, every member a missionary. That is so cool you got to meet the ladies from the General Presidencies, I am sure that was great. Sister Dalton's talk in general conference was so good! Usally the sister's talks in general confrence are so-so, but this was like Elder Holland throwing down the doctorine, it was so good! Of course, I listened in spanish, but I still understood most of it, haha.

Well, girls wrestling, just remember it's their choice to do it, you just have to deal with it and they will too. It is a man's sport, if they want to do it they will have to deal with the pain and the abuse, 'cause guys shouldn't take it easy on them or get all wierded out, just go out and take care of buisness. Out here in California they have tournaments strictly for girls. We talked with a guy while I was in Stockton, and he was a wrestling coach down there and both of his girls wrestle, and they are good. We live in a world today where girls want to do all a man can do because they feel they are not good enough i guess, i dont know. They can do things we can't, that's how we are created; some people go against how they are created or who they are just to try to please others or for just a little pride. All we can do is just be ourselves and live like Jesus, right?

So things here are going good we are really just trying to find people to teach. They have just baptized quite a bit a couple of transfers ago, so the teaching pool has been limited, but God has prepared people for us, we just need to find them. We had interviews with president Lewis this week, those were really good. Both of us are progressing in the mission, we are still both young, which is kinda crazy, but it's been good, President Lewis is great, I love and respect him so much. And Sister Lewis is awesome too, they are perfect for the calling here. They are kinda like you guys when it comes to cold weather, I was talking with Sister Lewis while my companion was being interviewed and she said that she sleeps with like five blankets and big old sleepers while President just has one blanket, and I started laughing 'cause that's how you are, haha! So you are not the only ones. Winter there huh? Here too, but we don't have snow, just rain and cold weather, kinda greary, but that's how it will be 'till about May, I guess, haha. Lots of water here, haha. But it's great, it is great to hear all is well with you guys. How is dad doing? I feel so left out of the loop, but as long as he is ok, that's good, haha. I love you all so much! You all be safe too ok? We live in a crazy world out there, but we are guided by the light of Christ!

Love Elder Jesse Grover