Hey Family!!!!
Wow, congrats Jade on the Mr. San Juan Pagent! You are braver than I, haha, I was always too chicken to do that, haha, but let's not admit that to anyone huh? Dang, sports are doing so well, I honestly didn't expect them to be this good, I guess that's what I get for doubting huh, haha.
Conference was really good, it was hard for me to understand it 'cause I was listening to it in Spanish, but hopefully it will help my Spanish in the long run. I could have watched it in English, but we had investigators come, so I watched it with them in Spanish. We had four investigators come, so we were pretty excited about that. One is that family we found, they are so awesome! They have chossen the date of October 15 to be baptized; they need to get married first, but they are planning on that. He and his family have nothing, but they are so giving and loving even through all their trials. They have no money, and one of their daughters was taken when he was caught by immagration, so he has been taking classes and trying his best to have all their family together. He is already so excited to go to the temple in a year, my heart aches for them. We teach them on their floor 'cause they have no couches or chairs, and the whole family has been sick. I wish that there was more that I could do for them, we are going to use some of our grocery money to by them some food 'cause they don't have much, but they are always happy and positive. From our first lesson to now we have been the best of friends, it was the greatest lesson I have ever been in, I have never felt the spirit so strong, we were all crying, and ever since we have been the best of friends. They are way awesome, I ask that you will pray for them that all will be good and things will go good for them. They are the best.
This transfer has been crazy! We got here with 0 investigators, and now we have over 15; some a lot better than others, but they show interest in following Jesus Christ, so we work with them the best we can. We teach a lot and we are hoping to have a lot of baptisms soon, haha. Missionary work is the Best! I wish I would have been more prepared for it, I wish I would have prepared better (Jade and Jens, prepare now). The conference talks were all about missionary work in priesthood, so I have to make up for the time I wasted, and it's not easy. Study the scriptures more, attend all sunday activities and seminary, you will be so much better off.
General Conference was the best! JJ and Tamra did you listen to Elder Andersons? Dad, and all men, did you listen to Sister Dalton's little hints on re-listening and studying? Don't worry, I picked out the ones I need to restudy and work on, and I will write a letter letter with some more notes; we don't have lots of time to email, so i will try to write a letter, ok?
I don't know what to tell you about the mail, I haven't gotten anything since I got here to Stockton. We are not supposed to have anything sent anywhere but to the mission office, so I would say, just send it again. I have been bugging our secretary up there, I told her to stop hiding my mail, haha, jk! Yeah, just send it to the mission office, they say it will get to me from there; if it gets sent back again, then just call the mission office I guess, but it will work, haha. i I love you all so much. keep up on all things, but remember if you put God first, all other things will be easy, well not easy, but we will be blessed!
Love your son forever,
Elder Jesse Grover





