8/11/2011

California - August 8, 2011

La Familia Mejor!!!!

Well, it sounds like all is crazy in little ol' BLANding UT (everyone here calls it BLAN UT, it's just 'cause they are jealous, haha! We make up names and jokes for where everyone is from; it's pretty funny) Well, cool story, the elders I live with were helping a family move and one of the guys that helped from their ward was talking with them, and he asked where they were from and stuff. He said he was from a little town in Utah called Blanding, and they were like well, "we live with an elder from Blanding, he is Elder Grover." And the guy was like, "no way!" They tell me who it was, and I was like, "no way!" Brother Bird from Blanding, UT, haha! Small world we live in, huh? Maybe I will get to talk to him sometime or something, but crazy huh! Well, this week we had the baptism of Jonathan Ramirez, he is 12, and way cool. He asked me to confirm him. We were at the church waiting for the guy who was supposed to baptize him, he was from another ward out of our mission (my area is on the northern border). They called him, and he said he wouldn't be able to come. So we told Jonathan and asked him who he would like to have baptize him, and he said Elder Grover. What? haha! We were already late, so I had to find a white suite and hurry and change. I had no spare garments, but Jonathan was baptized, and it was a wonderful experience for both of us. It was in spanish, then on sunday in church I had the oppurtunity to confirm him a member of the church, it was awesome! Miracles (MILAGROS) happen, and people want to follow Jesucristo. We had another invistigator who passed his interview, he just needs to pick a date and he will be baptized. And we have others really close, keep praying for us to be directed by the spirit to find out what they need to be baptized.

With all my love,
Elder Jesse Grover