Hello family, your missionary is doing good. Sad that time is flying by so fast out here in the mission; the transfer ends in just 2 more weeks and that means more time for change and less time out here. I love it here and the Spanish is coming, it is a slow process. We had interviews with President Lewis this past week; he is great, he is truly a man called of God, he is progressing so fast! I wish I could progress that fast, haha, but God is helping me.
That is so sad to hear about Jason Workman, just the other day I was telling my companion that I knew a navy seal, that his parents were in our ward, and how awesome he was. I only meet him once or twice, but he was super nice. His family will be in my prayers, I hope everything works out with his young family. That is crazy that he was in that elite group. What is Ryan going to boot camp for? I was hoping to hear like Spain for a mission, but he still plans on going on a mission, so that is good.
So we have another baptism set up, we are super excited! She has had a date picked out before - Leticia, do you remember hearing about her? Well, she has a date for the 3rd of September, we are excited, that is the weekend right before transfers, so I will still be here. We found her my first week out here in California, so I am so excited for her choice to be baptized; keep praying for her to stay strong. We are actually giving her a temple tour tonight, awesome huh? We are excited, pray for it to go well - it will be my first temple tour, which is a surprise cause we only live like a half hour away - closest we could, pretty much, for Spanish elders. Oh the work is great! So guess what? I have been living in an apt for these three transfers and so now that I will probably be leaving, they are moving us into a house! Yeah, not even with a member, our own house, haha! So maybe for a couple of days before I leave I will be in a house, how crazy is that? haha! Oh wells, its been good, I will go where the Lord wants me to go. 1 Nephi 3:7 "The Lord God giveth no commandment unto the children of men save it be He prepares a way for them to accomplish it."
Football!!! Yeah, the NFL started; I know cause we knock into a lot of people who are watching it, and we see football practices going on all over the place. I will admit that was a hard thing at first, haha, but I am getting better with it, I really am. That is awesome that the boys won, that's good, I am glad to hear that. Tell Jens to keep working hard, when I get home I want to see him shine as a senior, and these years are preparing for that last year of high school were you can be the star and represent. I can't believe its already school and sports - my mission is almost a fourth over, i turn 6 months old first of next month :(
Oh thank you so much for the package you will be sending, I am excited in advance, but I am excited, haha! I have an idea for a learning tool I want to see if Josh can make. With Hispanic people, we teach with activities, games, and visual tools, so we watch a lot of videos and stuff. Got to run, people need to hear about the gospel, haha! Also, laundry needs to be done - all the fun p-day stuff. I love you all so much! Keep your heads up and trust in God.
With all my love
Your Missionary
Elder Jesse Grover





