3/25/2011

MTC - March 23, 2011

Oh, MTC life is just about the same, we have the same schedule for 9 weeks, haha. It is way hard, I will admit, and without the help of the Lord and your support, I couldn't do it. But I know God is helping me! We heard from Claudio R. Costa from the 70 last night, and it was very good! The spirit you feel here is unreal! You and dad need to come here in a couple years so you all can serve a mission! The senior missionaries are all so awesome! We eat lunch with them a lot, haha. It is good to hear life at home is going good, I know that the Lord is watching out for you and protecting you. I want all of you to know of my love for you! Every single one of you mean so much to me. It is cool to hear about all the mission calls coming. I actually found out about Stetler's from Nache, I mean Elder Nielson. He flew out Monday, he bore his testimony in Mandrin, and it was awesome, he will be great. By the way, I want a recorder like he has. He said it feels kind of weird talking to yourself, but he said it was really helpful for him and his family, so yeah that would be nice. A little info on my companion cause the aunts wanted to know, I guess. He is from Seward, Alaska, it is right on the coast, about two hours south of Anchorage. He has been a member for almost 2 years. He did that trek in Alaska, and his host family was the Carlsons, not Bill and Christine, but maybe a relative. I have no idea where our aunts live, so it's hard to explain about them to him. So, if you have info on that, please share, haha. He is way awesome, I am very blessed to have him as a companion. He said I don't snore anymore; I snored the first couple nights, but haven't since. Yes, it is hard to sleep a full night on these beds, they are not mine for sure!

We study Spanish and the gospel every day. We have been focusing a lot on teaching lately. Every Friday we go and teach volunteers in what is called the TRC, and they speak Spanish. We also teach "progressive investigators" who are our teachers. It is so very hard to teach, and I couldn't do it without the Lord's help. We have 1 hour for personal companionship and language study a day. The food is still good, but it doesn't really agree with anyone's stomach, haha.

Sorry about the spelling, I get so rushed with this clock counting down on me, haha. We get a new district in our zone today, so we won't be the newbees any more, haha. Our zone is awesome! They are all great, oh yeah! Me and Elder DiPiero want matching ties, so if you could look for some for us, that would be awesome. Wish Amber a Happy Birthday, I have a gift, but need an address.

Love forever, and always your son, a servant of God
Elder Jesse Grover