2/17/2016

Argentina - August 18, 2015

Hola mama,:)
How is the best mother in the world doing this week?:) Things are going good con lluvia no mas....  that is rain.. and well, let's just say I left my umbrella in my last area, so my other comapnion has it...I will get it like in a week though. The coat works, but it rains a lot and just runs off into my boots.... and my shoes have holes, but it is great:) That is so awesome that you guys were able to go to the family reunion because we know that families are the most important things in the world!!!!! I love my family! and that is great that they are serving missions there! It makes me super happy to hear that! Levi Savage, and Ephraim Hanks? That is so awesome! Thanks for telling me that, because they are like awesome studs!! How are we related? That is super awesome, and those movies are so amazing, I love them so much, the church makes so many great movies, and we are related to them, that is so great, I am so happy that we are related to them! Thanks for sharing that with me mom!:) With Thomas Grover I am always like, "yeah, my great grandpa's name is in the Doctrine & Covenants, what an amazing thing family history is!! Isn't it great! I want to do so much when I get home, or even just read the stories of those in our past! I am glad that you and Dad were able to go and do that! That is awesome!
So everyone is in school? Wow, that is weird, next week you are going have to tell me how everthing is going. And Jordan is going down to hunt? Is he still with Ericka, or what is the deal? Sorry, I just don't ever hear anything that is going on, well anything about him. But I hope that everyone is doing great and that everyone is happy and just loving life:)
Well, as I said, it has been raining a lot!  In fact, I am wet right now as I am typing this email. It's kind of cold, but this is Argentina Rain, so it's not too bad.  I heard that it rains the most in August. We had a great week, we have lots of potential in our area! Monday we had a grat noche day hogar, and we also had a really good one Wednesday too. From the one on Wednesday we started teaching a friend of the family! She has already accepted to be baptized, so we will see how that goes:) Then we talked to this super great lady, but it was super late so we set a time to come back, we even called the night before to remind her, and then when we went to the house no one was there, typical.  But we will be passing by this, week so hopfully we can find them.  We also talked to this menos activo family, the Dad was a District President, but he is always on a truck.  So I talked to him about that because my awesome Dad does that also.  Anyway, we are working with them too, because they have 3 kids that are not baptized. We have lots of menos activos, some make me very frustrated. We passed by one that now goes to another church, and he was just, well, I refrained from getting very upset with him....... just frustrating. But we did have an interesting story, last night we were clapping houses, and at one house the man there was actually a member, but stopped going like 20 years ago, he has a family of 7, so we will see how that goes, I hope it goes well! Oh, on the same note, yesterday we found another menos activo family, they live very far away, let's just say we walked 2 hours in the rain to get to their house, but they were super cool and nice. Plus, they have animals and all that is all I need to start telling people I like to ride horses because, then they always ask if I want ride theirs. 
Elder Howes, my little kid, is doing great, and is having a great time, and he is great to train.  He is a very good missionary also, that knows why he is here, so he is just doing great! I feel like I am learning more being his trainer than he is learning from me! Oh, little funny story that is, well, we all make mistakes. So it was Sunday, and when we got back to the pension I put on a different shirt because I like to use other shirts for Sunday because they are nicer and whiter. But I didn't put on a tie because I was cooking. Then it got cold so I put on my sweater, and when we left I just put on my other coat, without a tie... yeah, I didn't notice it until like 8 when we were teaching, I went to adjust my tie and it wasn't there!  So I look at Elder Howes and point at my chest with a shocked facial expression, so he was trying the rest of the lesson not to laugh!  Yeah, I was kind of embarrassed, but I just zipped up my coat real good, ha, good times!
In church we were learning about service, and it is service that we need to do. I wish I would have done more, but we can always do more. I don't know if you remember the family Carlson, they guy went to live states, anyway he told me why he left the US, it was because the famiy he was in only cared about money, nothing else was important. He got so sick of it that he finally left, he says he feels more happy here because here we have nothing, but we have what we need to be happy and that is all we need, and we are happy. Things of this world are not happniess, people and the world is trying to tell us otherwise but it is not true, true happines come from the gospel and our families. I have the best family, and that is all I could ever ask for! It is pretty simple, the little things that we need to do that will bring more happness in our lives, pray and read and go to church; simple, but hard at the same time. I know I can even do better put more effort in it and enjoy it more!! But I want you guys to know that I love you mom, you are the best ! I love you with all my heart, have a wonderful week! Enjoy every second!:)
Love Elder Grover
I love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!