9/29/2015

Argentina - June 8, 2015

Hey mom!!!!!
I have been great this week, mom. I am healthy, like a big ole horse. Oh, and I don't know if I told you, but I have started to run in the mornings! Awesome, it is great, makes me feel good. But I am good, we got permission this week to eat in the house of members,  I am super excited, it will be good. But don't worry, my little companion calls me fat all the time, so I must be healthy; I think he just says that because I eat a lot. Oh, and I learned how to make buttermilk syrup, it is so good, just to eat plain, ha! Great times! No, but I am healthy!
I didn't know McKady went to EFY, that is awesome, I am so glad that she had a good time!!! Just need to tell her to keep going those things that help her testimony grow, because it is like abs, it takes forever to build them, but it only takes a short amount of time to lose them. But I am glad she had fun! Oh, I agree time flies! But to me days seem like weeks and weeks seem like days, well that is for me, the life of a missionary!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah! 3 weeks, wow that is crazy, he is going to be a dad and have a wife, I am so excited and I am not even there, ha! They better have sent me an announcement!!!
I love family home evenings, we have a family home evening with this family that are recent converts, but it is awesome, they are great! I bet it is fun with all the grandkids? How are they? Tell them I love them, they are the best! Rain? That is awesome, Blanding needs rain, lots and lots of it, so that is so great.  Tornados? That is kinda crazy though, just be safe and enjoy the rain because rain makes corn and corn makes cornbread that makes the missionary happy. I am just joking, because they don't make corn bread here, ha but rain is great.
Always focus on the good!!!!!!!!!! That is what makes a happy life, and remembering the blessings, it is those that bring great joy!!!
That is cool that you got to talk to Jesse's converts, there is a special bond there, I just can't describe it, it is amazing.
Support is what every member needs, that is what I love about home and visiting teachers, because we don't really have those here, kinda sad. But it really does help people because people think well the missionaries pass for us it is their job but people from the ward it is just amazing.
What I love to see every day are just the small acts of kindness, it just really fills my heat with joy when I see someone helping others. Then it is hard to see the small acts of unkindness, but during those time Christ is there with his helping hand!
There are great people in this world, very great people. People that really seek to do what is right and follow God but they don't know where to find Him. We taught a guy yesterday, and he had great questions and everything, he just didn't want to read or pray, and if God did awnser him he wouldn't change, but we did our part.
Our investigator, Jesus, has kinda has been going through a rough time with his family and so he decided to move in with his girlfriend.  He thinks we want them to stop being together, but really we just want them not to live together.  But we are teaching her too, and she is super cool and she has had some really great questions so we will have to see how this goes.
We contacted this lady and taught her the first lesson, and then the next day she was like I know this book you gave me is true. I prayed and I know it is true, super awesome! But then she didn't come to church, which is hard. But this Sunday was super special, nothing better than a fast Sunday. There are some amazing people here who have wonderful testimonies, and it is amazing to see those and listen to them.
So I stopped studying in English, now only in Spanish. But it is great, I am learning a lot and the Lord is helping me a lot. I am in Alma 43 right now, wow it is amazing. Bueno si a part that I really liked talked about how Moroni prepared his men with armor, there are the parts that he covered, head, heart, loins and feet. I beleive those are right in English, anyways all of these represent something, loins to be with virture and to be chaste, the heart is our conduct. Head is our thoughts and feet is our goals and objectives in this life. Think on that, we need this armor with us at all times, it is like I said the other week, you can't get cut with your armor on. The scriptures are amazing, I wish I had more time to do studying, and that was in Spanish . . . oh yeah, it is getting better, I hope, ha, my comapanion understands me, so I hope the people I teach understand.
Sometimes we are faced with challenges that seem to be more than we can bear, and wonder why we are having these problems, but God loves all of us and we can be healed through his mercy.  Never give up the fight, Satan is there trying with all his might to pull us down, but we can resist him. I know this is the restored Gospel, and that if we live it we will be blessed beyond measure.  I know it is not easy at the time, but we are never alone. Chrsit lives, he did suffer for us, the book of mormon is true, and  I know that Joseph Smith did indeed see the Father and his son Jesus Christ.
Love Elder Grover
PS Thanks so much for the pictures mom, they are great! Looks like everyone had a good time! The baseball game looked awesome, but thanks again. Tell everyone I love them and also mom, I love you! So, so, so much!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for being the best mom in the world, I wouldn't be me with out you. Never forget that I love you with all my heart!!!