8/11/2015

Argentina - May 18, 2015

Hey mom!!!  I love you!
Wow, that is crazy that school is almost out! So weird to think about!!! It makes me feel a little old! That is great to hear about the track team doing good, and the softball team too, second is better than not placing. It's also better than like 4th, oh wells, we don't need to dwell on the past, ha! Seminary graduation and High school graduation, wow! But kids in Utah don't know how lucky they are and often they don't take advantage of their opportunities; I was talking to an elder from Colombia that said he woke up at 4 every morning to go to seminary, makes me wish I would have paid more attention.
What??!!!!!!!!! Jesse is getting married on June 27? Holy cow, that is so freakin' close! Wow, that is so soon, that is crazy! I am so excited, that means lots of work. Wow, that is crazy, I am so excited, I love weddings!  Awesome, ha, great times, better be sending me pictures of that.
Uncle Merlin is getting married again, wow! It is okay though because it is so much better to not be alone.  Good, that will be exciting for him.
What? Going to Cali without me? And you guys are going to a baseball game with out me? The Giants and Braves, wow, that is going to be awesome! Dang, I won't be able to get the gear . . . that is so awesome though, it will be lots and lots of fun! You better be sending me pictures of that also. That is so aweome that Mckady got into soar, tell her how proud I am of her and how amazing she is! And the whole family, they are just great!! Best family in the world, and that is the truth!!!  The trip is just going to be the bomb too, awesome, I am so excited for you guys! Well, I can brag too, I get to go to Resistencia tomorrow for a multi-zone conference and I get to wake up at 3 in the morning yea!!! Not really, because I am tired all the time so that means I would be more tired, but it is awesome because it is great!
So this week we had the amazing opportunity to watch the dedication of the temple in Cordoba. It was amazing, and just a wonderful chance to sit down and listen to prophets and apostles of the Lord. We couldn't have investigators come to the church because you have to be a member. But it was good, on Saturday night there was the culture activivty that we had 2 investigators come to and they watched the dedication with us, so it was a great weekend, very wonderful. We had a good week and got to do service for our, well one of our investigators, Jesus Ayala, just as long as he stays away from his girlfriend we are good.  He told us the he stopped visting her becuase he told her he wants to change and not do those things anymore! So that is really good!!
Also, I want to tell you what I have been thinking about and studing more. The first is how our body is a temple that God has given us, but God doesn't, or can't, dwell in unholy temples.. and so sin.. keeps us from that. I thought a lot about sin and how it affects us. Sin is like a cut, and it can be big or small, but either way you need to take care of it. If it is small clean it, put alcohol, or whatever you put on cuts, and a bandage or a wrap or something similar to that, but if it is big you need to go to the doctor to get it stitched up. God has givin us people like bishops who are kind of like that doctor for us. But if we don't get it taken care of, big or small, it is going to get infected and we are going to get sick and our imune system is going to fall and we are more susceptible to get other things... it is the same with sin. It makes me think of a prisoner who came and talked to us at one of the football youth camps, he went to a division one school playing football and started QB as a freshman.  He broke his ankle and didn't tell anyone, he just taped it really good and took pain medication. Well, it got infected and was really bad, he couldn't play and lost his scholarship, then got hooked on pain killers and ended up in jail. How much easier it would have been if he wasn't prideful, went to the doctor, sat out for half the season and got better, God is here to heal us all the time, every day, we can be healed through him and all will be good.There is a lot more I thought about with that, but there is the little run down for you. I know the Savior is here to help us in every moment. Yeah, I can think, don't think, it is too weird. But I know the Savior is there and when we think he is not, it is usally due to our own doings, just tring to cover up the little cuts and things, but I know he loves us more than anything. 
Just want you guys to know that I love you and am so proud to have you as my family.  I know this is the true church.  Mom, I love you more than anything in the world, I just want you to know that. Best mom ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you guys have a wonderful week and that the start of summer is just a bunch of fun!!! I love you with all my heart for ever and ever.
Love 
Elder Grover

Me by the sign Goya, as people here say, Goya la Joys

Me and my companion and 2 other elders at the beach thing they have right by the river, it is really beautiful!

Always remember, number one in the field and number one in your hearts!