Hello Family!
So yes, we got rain for three days straight - it was so crazy! Sunday morning we had flood warnings. We were trying to get our investigators to church and the parking lot at the church was flooded, it was so crazy! Even the drainage canals started to flood, and you know when that happens there is a lot of water! We wanted to get some cool pics, but we had meetings that started at 8 and ran until noon, and when we got out of church it was bright and sunny - it was crazy. Like I said, it was hard to get investigators to church yesterday, we only had 1, which is not the way we wanted to start out the White Christmas season. But we go to church and there is a guy that we don't know in our gospel principles class and he introduces himself like this,"Hi I am Al Ferrdett from upstate New York, here in town to watch a few Kings games." Ummm, yeah, we met Jimmers' dad, he came to church with us! So even though no investigators came, we had visitor that did not expect (I still would have preferred to have the investigators come) but a cool mission story right!
So my companion tried to cut my ear off with his scissors and I had to use self defense; luckily I only lost my finger.... so no worries, I still have four and a half left. I think he was upset that some crazy guy called him an alien, it was pretty funny. Really a guy did call him an alien, but he didn't mean to cut my finger it was really funny, and when I say cut, it was not much bigger than a paper cut, and it wasn't on purpose. We also had a Zone Conference with Elder Bruce D. Porter from the 70, it was pretty sweet, I liked it. He is a smart guy, he taught us a lot about the Doctrine of Christ and helped us to focus on Christ for this wonderful Holiday Season.
Keep all the good things up and be safe in all the activities, remember the true meaning of Christmas and look for opportunities to share the gospel, there are people who need the gospel and this is a perfect time to share the gospel! I love you all so much. Next week is transfers so I wont E-mail 'till Tuesday, and I will know if I will be staying here or if I will be leaving. I have mixed emotions on what I want to do, I think I will just allow God to decide and I will just do what he tells me to :)
Elder Jesse Grover





