4/14/2011

MTC - April 6, 2011

Oh family, how art thou? haha! I am doing good here at the MTC. It has been a lot rougher with my companion being down; I miss a little bit of class every once in awhile. I will be spending a lot of time out of the MTC with him for physical therapy and doctor appointments. We were not able to go to the temple this morning, which was really sad. I enjoy the temple so much, it is a place where the Lord dwelleth, and they have good food, haha! You know me, always thinking of my stomach! Oh, by the way, I am losing weight. Everyone is like, "are you okay? You look like you are losing weight." I'm like, "sure I am." My suits are starting to look a little baggy, and my slacks are even more baggy than they were before, haha! It is pretty funny. Well anyway, how are things at home? Cool that you get to come to Provo, I am starting to like it here, haha! Still not as good as Blanding, but that is alright. The shorts fit great - thanks! I am excited to get the recorder too. I feel like I have progressed with the language; we taught our first lesson in Spanish the other night, and our teacher said it was good. I know I can still get better, that's for sure, haha! I am glad we stay here nine weeks because I am going to need all nine of them! No, I will not stay with my companion, I will leave with the rest of the group. Our zone leaders are leaving Monday, and then someone from our district will have to be zone leader. I think my companion and I are pretty safe due to our predicament, haha! Oh, and the surgery went great. It is a slow recovery; the surgeon said he could probably leave mid June, but he likes the MTC and is really positive about staying. Conference was so good, huh? Yeah, I watched every session - for like the first time in my life, haha! And I loved it! I took like 14 pages of notes, it was so fantastic, words can't even describe it. Yeah, there were a lot of talks for Jordan, that's for sure! I wrote him a letter about it. Good to hear he finally asked his partner on a date, that makes me excited. I also got a letter from Tamra, sounds like the wedding plans are going great. I am so excited for her and J.J. Elder Scott's talk was for them, it was beautiful. I love you so much, you are my anchor. I want you all to know of my love for you; I think I love you all more each day, and I know Dios loves you tambien. I miss you and I will try my hardest to be the missionary you deserve to have. I want so badly to make you all proud of me. Be proud of who you are, we are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (President Oak's talk) la Iglasia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los ultimos dia. Live it each day, be an example of the believers, be like unto Christ. By the way, President Monson's talk in the Priesthood session was so, so very good. I would suggest you watch it - everyone should. And when the Ensign comes out with the talks, I want one, por favor! Love you son, brother, elder, missionary, Elder Jesse Grover