10/30/2012

California - October 22, 2012


Hey Family, how are you?

Wow, that is crazy that Trevor is already home! Well, you will have to say hola to him for me. And it sounds like a lot of new missionaries are prepping to go, that's awesome! I don't think I will see too many of the young ones on my mission, maybe a few, but I think they will all start coming in when I go to leave, which is also another scary thought. We have transfers next week...... Elder George is going home, so I think I will stay here in the area. That means I only have 3 transfers left, it kinda scares me! Being with Elder George for the last 2 transfers of his mission has been crazy, it has been like I too were going home. All the members are no help, haha, they are like, "so, you go home next, huh?". And I'm thinking, no I am a young missionary..... wait, look back on time and it's like, nope I'm not; the time has gone too fast.

Well anyways, things are going good, we are getting poured on today, which is kinda nice. Kinda not nice too, but I am grateful once again that I am in a car and really haven't had to experience the rain. I had several opportunities to experience it last winter though, and being a zone leader we go on exchanges with lots of missionaries that are on bikes, so I will probably have to spend some days on bike and work out a little. Last week I lost something like 12 lbs. I changed my eating habits, smaller portions with members, and killer morning exercise with another missionary.  By the end of this week I want to be down 6 more, but then it will probably slow down because I won't have all the easy weight to burn anymore. But it is exciting that I got to loose a little before the holidays :)

The work is going good, we are working with some great people that we are hoping that will be baptized this coming month, so the harvest season will continue here in Sacramento, we are stoked for it. Our zone is doing great, we will probably hit double digit baptisms again for the 4th month in a row, so like my entire time here, nothing I did, we are just seeing so many blessings and miracles.

Well love you all, good luck with the sports and parties, be safe! Tamra, happy birthday, hope all goes well.

Love Me
Elder  Jesse Grover