7/18/2011

California - July 11, 2011

Hello Family!!
That is so sad to hear about Presient Redd, I knew when I left that he probably wouldn't be there when I got back, I guess I just didn't expect it to be this soon. I hope everything is ok with his family and that all goes well. My prayers will be with his family. Yes, I meet President and Sister Lewis this week, and will have interviews this week with him, so yeah - way cool. They are way awesome, we are all so excited to have them here, they are great people. Dont worry about not emailing on the 4th - I know how busy things get there. That's awsome that Jade did took third place overall on his race. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MCKADY!!!!!! you are all growing up and I am missing it! Well, don't grow up too much while I am gone. I hope your birthday went well. It feels so weird not to be home, time flies by, but you don't realize it 'till it's gone. Out here it is the same every day, and then the next thing you know it's Sunday, or the transfer comes up - it's almost here again. I am thinking about applying for an extension now, so maybe by the end of the two years, after having me bugging them the whole time, they will let me stay longer, haha! It's worth a try right haha :) It is hot here, and some days are hard but there are experiences that you experience out here that are unmatched anywhere! People we talk to, and experiences we have gives me the strength to keep going and to keep working hard. A mission is great - everyone needs to prepare to serve (that means senior missionaries too)! Yeah, senior missionaries are awesome, and do so much for the success of the mission - so prepare today to serve 'cause missions are awesome. Lots of hard work, but so worth it! It is the best! We could be having a baptism soon, we have an invistigator who is getting really close, so we are really excited for her to progress to baptism. So yeah, Baptisms happen here in Sacramento 'cause we are the Best! Yeah, I said it, haha, the California Sacramento Mission is the Best in the World! LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!
Love Elder Jesse Grover