11/24/2009

Guatemala - November 16, 2009

So, how is the family today? It sounds like the weekend went good for you guys, Go Broncos ! ! ! Calidad! That is so cool, congrats Jesse! Hard work and faith really pay off; that is a testament that the Lord hears your prayers; just remember, we need to do our part for his work too! So now you have more free time huh? Still have wrestling though, but one thing I invite you to do is splits with the missionaries when you can and study Preach my Gospel. I know God hears our prayers and cares about each one of us and our needs in whatever shape they are. Is it beginning to look like Christmas up there? Here, yes, the mud has turned to powder and the sun is burning up everything including the Elders. But we are happy and all good. My trainee Elder Marshall is doing good and is learning the language fast. The last week did not go so great, and the baptisms we were going to have this week fell through, we hope to have them next week. But we are extremely blessed and happy to be working in the work of the Lord. I have thought a little about what I want for Christmas, nothing for me, but I would like to ask for a few old white button up shirts of various sizes and ties, nothing fancy, thanks! I was wondering, is there anything that I can do for you guys? I can't send the present I got for the familia with Elder Cannon, so I really don't know what I will do, it is not easy to send stuff you know. But I'm so glad to hear that all is well and everyone is doing great. I hope that you will always give thanks to our Father in Heaven, he really does give us everything. We had a conference with Elder Packer, all of Guatemala did, but the focus was on four things: family and personal prayer, daily study of the Book of Mormon, family home evening and paying a worthy full tithe. The promises given to those that better these four keystones were amazing. I testify that these small and simple things will become big and important in just a short time. I know this is the true church the Doctrines and principals have never changed but were restored by a man called and set apart, who was willing to do the will of the Lord. I'm fine here, no worries! God lives and his work goes on! if you need any thing just write :) con amor Elder Grover