1/03/2013

California - January 1, 2013

Hello Family and Happy New Year!!!!
 
How crazy is it that it is 2013? I honestly can't believe it, the time has gone by so quickly. I graduated in 2010, and wow that's three years ago, I think I am starting to feel old!
 
Things here are good. It was great to see all of you on Christmas and to talk with you! So, will Jade be giving his farewell this week? That is excting, I can imagine it will be a journey, pack warm. I could imagine Indiana is quite cold at this time of the year. Just remember to focus on the spirit and to study the Book of Mormon and Preach my Gospel, and you will have a very successful mission, they are the best.
 
Our baptism went great! The sad thing is that we found out on Sunday night that we would now be leaving that ward.... yeah, they are shot-gunning us out due to the new year and the time changes. Our ysa ward stays at 1 and fair oaks 4th went to 11, so they had to find us another ward at 9, so we just shot-gunned Carmichael 1st ward.
 
So for the activity that we had to put on for the zone on New Year's Eve to keep us off the streets, with all the crazies we played..... BUNKO! Yes, I taught everyone BUNKO, and I think everyone loved it so it was a lot of fun.
 
I still cannot believe that it is a new year, I set some goals for this year, and they are very different than the last year and way different than any other year of my lifeT there will be a lot that will effect the rest of my life in this year, Mission..... School..... Family...... the list goes on. I am really sad that I can't just make goals for my mission. I vowed to myself and to our Father and Heaven that this last 2 months of my mission will be good, and it has to be because it is the last 2 that I have :(
 
Well, I hope all is well at home things will go good in this new year. I promise that if we do things spiritually then God will bless us on our path!!!!!! I love you all so much!!!!
 
Love Elder Grover