3/25/2010

Guatemala - March 22, 2010

Hey family!
Como estan? I hope all is going great for all of you. Dad, what have you been up to? You have to take care of yourself, but now I guess you have the opportunity to learn patience. Tell me about it, the Lord wants me to learn it too, and it's not easy. But it's good to hear that Jordan is doing better, I have honestly not heard much at all of him, so every once in a blue moon I get a email, but they are always just good words, nothing at all about how he is doing. So Jesse, October you will be able to put in your papers. Do you have a good job yet? And how is your study of Preach my Gospel? The time is running short. I wish I would have been a bit more prepared; but little by little it is coming. That is so cool that I'm going to have a new sobrina! Give my best of wishes to Amber tomorrow please. So is everyone ready for samana santa, O Holy Week? The only thing I'm ready for is the conference, the other activities - not so much :) But yeah, we are just working hard here. I had a neat experience, one night it was 8:45,and we were walking to the house and I had a feeling to go knock on the door of a certain house; a little girl answered and invited us in. I have been in some of the poorest parts of Guatemala, but when we walked into this house, I must say I was truly humbled. We talked for a little bit, and they had said that the two little kids had to go to bed on empty stomachs. But we had just bought bread, and so my comp and I gave it to them. I just want you to know, there ain't much that brings a grown man to tears, but that did! I know this is the work of our loving Father in Heaven. I humbly testify in the name of Jesus Christ amen. I love you all, and may our God be with each of you this week.
Elder Grover